QA Heatmap Analytics is capturing “behavioral data”.
QA Heatmap Analytics identifies individual users with a first-party cookie and collects data about their behavior on the site. Note that users who are logged in to WordPress will not be included in the data acquisition.
Specifically, the following data will be collected:
- User information
- OS information
- Browser information (including browser size)
- First-party cookie information dedicated to QAHM
- User behavior information (sent periodically and asynchronously)
- Clicked DOM
- Tapped DOM
- Scroll position on page
- Page arrival time and departure time
- Events that occurred within the page
- Page information
- Query parameters
- Keywords for wordpress site search
- The utm parameter used by Google Analytics
- gclid used in Google ads
The number of clicks is mainly obtained by the onClick event. As a result, the rate of capturing the number of clicks is roughly 50% to 80%.
In order to get a more accurate number of clicks, it is necessary to record the number of clicks well before moving on to the next page. However, it is not good for UX because it causes unnecessary waiting time for the browsing user.
Basically, QA Heatmap Analytics is designed not to spoil the user’s experience because of the measurement, and it is designed to be light in operation.
Save the page state as a version
Although it is not user behavior data, the status of the page accessed is important. The reason is that it is better to know the impact of any improvements that are made. QA Heatmap Analyticsはワードプレスと統合することにより、ページの更新履歴も自動保存し、それに紐付けて行動データを確認できます。これにより、「このページいつ変更したっけ？」というメモが不要になります。
Data NOT captured by QA Heatmap Analytics
QA Heatmap Analytics is intended to be used in conjunction with Google Analytics, so we have decided not to collect the following data in order to avoid increasing the amount of information unnecessarily and to protect personal information.
- Any information that could be used to identify an individual (such as an email address)
- IP address of users
- Other information that is tied to user information set by other software*
- *However, maybe in a future version, we plan to offer an option to link the ID with the company’s own ID.
Regarding IP addresses, in some cases, it is possible to guess the region or even the name of the company, which is not included in the scope of personal information, but the role of analysis is handed over to Google Analytics.
QA Heatmap Analytics is intended to be a tool that allows you to view trends in your users’ behavior on your site without identifying them personally.